Barnard given green light for FA Cup tie against Maidstone United
- Credit: Archant
Stevenage are also keeping tabs on Hendon defender, who they have brought in on trial
Southend United have given Stevenage permission to play Lee Barnard in Sunday’s FA Cup match at home to Maidstone United.
Barnard joined Boro on loan last Friday and scored on his debut for the club at Tranmere Rovers on Saturday.
Stevenage have also taken Hendon’s Oliver Sprague on trial.
The left-back is currently with Boro for a ‘few weeks’, while Championship outfit Brentford are also keeping tabs on the 20-year-old.
You may also want to watch:
If Stevenage do decide to sign Sprague, he will be the second non-league left-back they have brought into the club this season following the summer recruitment of Jerome Okimo from Wealdstone.
- 1 Box Wood: 42 acres of ancient woodland sold at auction
- 2 Man sentenced for string of sexual offences in Stevenage
- 3 Oh baby! Family's disbelief after welcoming 'enormous' newborn
- 4 Serial flasher who 'showed no remorse' jailed
- 5 Man charged with robbery after being tracked down by PD Luther
- 6 Closure order granted after drug-related crime and anti-social behaviour
- 7 Free parking in Stevenage High Street will remain
- 8 How well do you know Letchworth? Take our quiz to find out
- 9 Council leader speaks out after terrifying harassment incident at her home
- 10 Victim kicked repeatedly in Hitchin early hours attack