Barclays bank branches set to close in Stevenage this autumn
BARCLAYS bank branches in the Old Town and Town Square in Stevenage will close in the autumn, it has been confirmed today (Monday). Bank bosses have remained tight-lipped about the future of the high street bank in the town until now. The Comet reported f
BARCLAYS bank branches in the Old Town and Town Square in Stevenage will close in the autumn, it has been confirmed today (Monday).
Bank bosses have remained tight-lipped about the future of the high street bank in the town until now.
The Comet reported four weeks ago that Barclays plans to open new premises in the former Zavvi store in Stevenage town centre's The Forum, but was unable to confirm rumours the Old Town and Town Square branches would subsequently close.
A Barclays' spokesman said: "We will be relocating our Town Square and High Street branches in the autumn to a new flagship home in The Forum.
You may also want to watch:
"The new branch in The Forum will provide a modern open plan layout, our latest technology, improved interview areas, and full disability access. "Customers' accounts will automatically be transferred with all account details staying the same.
"We expect the new branch to be ready to move into in September, and nearer the time will display posters and flyers in our branches with the exact date.
- 1 Taser video: Officer's actions which left man with injuries 'deemed appropriate'
- 2 'Important milestone' reached in building of John Barker Place
- 3 History buffs celebrate town's historic buildings
- 4 Where in Hertfordshire are the most incidents of weapon possession?
- 5 Arrest made and 350 cannabis plants seized after raid in Letchworth
- 6 Walk-in and booster vaccine slots available this week
- 7 Stevenage's annual fireworks display returns on Bonfire Night - November 5
- 8 Council approves new measures to get to net zero by 2030
- 9 'Black history should be celebrated every month, not just in October'
- 10 Serial flasher who 'showed no remorse' jailed