Banned Stevenage motorist caught back at wheel with fake licence
- Credit: Archant
A banned motorist who was caught back at the wheel in Stevenage with a fake driving licence has been given a suspended jail term.
Iosif Szabo, who had already been caught driving while disqualified once, was found at the wheel of a VW Golf in Derby Road on Friday, March 24.
The 29-year-old, of Ely Close, had a false Romanian driving licence on him and also lacked insurance for the car.
Szabo pleaded guilty to fraud, driving while banned and driving without insurance when he appeared before magistrates at Hatfield Remand Court on Tuesday.
In addition to a four-week suspended sentence, he must complete 150 hours of unpaid community work in the next 12 months, and has been given a fresh 12-month driving ban. He must also pay £85 costs and £115 surcharge.
You may also want to watch:
Szabo also admitted failing to appear at Stevenage Magistrates’ Court in answer to bail on April 26 last year – for which he was fined £50 – and failing to attend two unpaid work sessions on April 22 and 29 last year, for which he must pay another £50 fine and £85 costs.
- 1 Where in Hertfordshire are the most incidents of weapon possession?
- 2 Taser video: Officer's actions which left man with injuries 'deemed appropriate'
- 3 Walk-in and booster vaccine slots available this week
- 4 As sewage saga continues, how did our MPs vote?
- 5 Hitchin's Repair Café wants you!
- 6 Singers make positive change by renaming choir
- 7 Stevenage's annual fireworks display returns on Bonfire Night - November 5
- 8 Annual Pride of Stevenage Awards celebrate our local heroes
- 9 Who can get a Covid booster jab and how can I book one?
- 10 Multiple cars involved in A1(M) collision