Bank House buzzing as Lloyds invites drivers of Stevenage’s ‘economic engine’ for a service at Google’s digital garage
- Credit: Archant
The Comet’s headquarters at Bank House in Primett Road, Stevenage, was buzzing this morning as more than 100 community groups and businesses attended a Google ‘Digital Garage’ social media master class hosted by Comet neighbours Lloyds Bank.
The event is part of a nationwide drive by Lloyds to engage with communities and offers businesses, charities and community groups some key advice on how to get to grips with social media.
Stevenage MP Stephen McPartland also lent his support to the event.
Becky Boyd a trainer for Google’s ‘Digital Garage’ tour, which visits events across the UK where more than 100 people are invited, said: “It’s been a brilliant turnout this morning and everyone seems to have found it useful.
“Everyone here seems really passionate about their businesses and their community.”
Ray Hipgrave who works for J Deamer & Son in Stevenage High Street, said: “I’m an IT specialist and I’ve still found it really useful.
“There are always some things you are not aware of. I think the idea of using more video to raise the company profile on social media is really useful.”
- 1 Where you can see the Perseid meteor shower in Hertfordshire
- 2 Everything you need to know about the August train driver strike
- 3 Letchworth man found with 'cannabis and bread knife' in Hitchin
- 4 Parents rally as play café forced to close amid major cost increases
- 5 Vulnerable woman is victim of alleged theft in Hitchin
- 6 'Horrible cramped housing' plans rejected by council
- 7 Old Town Live organisers 'overwhelmed by response'
- 8 Funeral of retired Stevenage school teacher hailed 'a legend'
- 9 Magpas Air Ambulance lands in Letchworth amid 'medical emergency'
- 10 Two-storey factory catches fire in Letchworth
Steve McQueen who manages the Lloyds commercial centre at Bank House, said he was delighted with the turnout
He told the Comet: “To get more than 100 people here is a testament to the strength of the community in Stevenage.
“Stevenage is the engine room of Hertfordshire in terms of the economy but there is a real community feel to businesses here as well and Lloyds is very committed to engaging with the community through our ambassador scheme.”