Balstock 2019 attracts record numbers in a ‘stunner of a weekend’
- Credit: Archant
Charity music festival Balstock returned for its 13th year at the weekend with “record number of attendees”.
Music lovers turned out for the free three-day festival which took place in venues across Baldock and in the High Street, where the Elaine La Roche stage - dedicated to the late festival treasurer - was set up.
Organiser G La Roche told the Comet: "What a stunner of a weekend!
"The weather shone bright, we had very little trouble and a record amount of people come through town.
"My committee members, reps and volunteers are all shattered, so a massive thank you to all of them.
"We still have money to gather from pubs and donations so we will announce a total raised as soon as we can.
"Thank you Baldock for all your support."
- 1 Tranquil Turtle officially opens with dazzling launch event
- 2 Dangerous paedophile jailed for sexual abuse of vulnerable girl
- 3 Serious collision on A602 injures four
- 4 Icon building planning appeal quashed after High Court review
- 5 Christmas markets return to Hitchin
- 6 Man charged with multiple burglaries after police chase
- 7 Here are the new Covid travel rules which begin today
- 8 Care home excited to open its doors to new residents
- 9 Butts Close: A monument to medieval Hitchin
- 10 Items from Lidl and Sainsbury's recalled over health and safety concerns
Money raised from the event will go to Mind in Mid Herts, Darcie's Wish, Luna Animal Rescue, Essex and Herts Air Ambulance, and the Baldock Town Community Sports Facility.