Balloons released as Majorca hotel fall woman remembered
BALLOONS were released into the sky as part of a memorial for a Codicote woman who died while on holiday in May.
Charlotte Faris fell to her death from a balcony in the holiday resort of Magaluf, Majorca, just hours after checking into the Teix Hotel.
Last weekend around 50 of her friends and family met up at her old school in Welwyn Garden City, to share their memories of the 23-year-old, before releasing blue balloons.
Some �328 was raised for the Hertfordshire Constabulary Welfare Fund as Charlie, as she was better known, had just got a place at the force as a special constable and always supported them.
Close friend Megan Lavis, who helped organise the day, said: “It was a lovely day to remember our friend by – blue was Charlie’s favourite colour.
You may also want to watch:
“Thank you to everyone who donated and came, it made it more special to see so many people who cared about her.”
- 1 Box Wood: 42 acres of ancient woodland sold at auction
- 2 Oh baby! Family's disbelief after welcoming 'enormous' newborn
- 3 Serial flasher who 'showed no remorse' jailed
- 4 Free parking in Stevenage High Street will remain
- 5 Man charged with robbery after being tracked down by PD Luther
- 6 Multiple cars involved in A1(M) collision
- 7 Council leader speaks out after terrifying harassment incident at her home
- 8 Man charged in connection with newsagent robbery
- 9 Hotel apologises after losing crucial CCTV
- 10 Mum's disability disco after son's left nowhere to go