Baldock woman charged with drink driving after car collides with milk float on Hitchin A602
- Credit: Archant
A woman from Baldock has been arrested and charged with drink driving after her car collided with a milk float in Hitchin over the weekend – causing milk to be split over a busy road.
Miriam Jackson, from Bush Spring in Baldock, crashed the green Peugeot 206 she was driving into a milk float at around 1.45am on Sunday morning on the A602 Stevenage Road near to the Gosmore roundabout in Hitchin.
Officers closed a section of the A602 by the roundabout until just after 3am while they cleared broken milk bottles.
A police spokesman said: “The collision caused an amount of milk bottles to break on the road, leaving glass and milk debris on the surface.”
The 24-year-old has been charged with driving under the influence of alcohol and driving without insurance.
You may also want to watch:
She is due to appear at Stevenage Magistrates’ Court on December 21.
- 1 Taser video: Officer's actions which left man with injuries 'deemed appropriate'
- 2 Where in Hertfordshire are the most incidents of weapon possession?
- 3 Walk-in and booster vaccine slots available this week
- 4 History buffs celebrate town's historic buildings
- 5 Could we face coronavirus restrictions over Christmas?
- 6 As sewage saga continues, how did our MPs vote?
- 7 Stevenage's annual fireworks display returns on Bonfire Night - November 5
- 8 Hitchin's Repair Café wants you!
- 9 'Important milestone' reached in building of John Barker Place
- 10 Who can get a Covid booster jab and how can I book one?