Baldock water supply: Senior engineer to speak at meeting open to public
- Credit: Getty Images/MIXA
In the wake of the water problems in and around Baldock earlier this month, a senior engineer is to speak at a meeting open to the public.
Alessandro Marsili from Affinity Water will be at the meeting of North Herts District Council’s Baldock and District Area Committee on Monday, September 4, to talk about water supply in the town.
A district council spokeswoman said: “Although proposals for housing development in the north of Baldock are at a very early stage, this presentation may well enable councillors to gain some insight into how Affinity deal with additional housing supply issues more generally.”
Commitee chairman Councillor Michael Muir added: “We are looking forward to having the representative from Affinity Water attend our next meeting to talk about the water supply in Baldock.”
Members of the public are welcome to sit in and listen to the meeting at the Baldock Community Centre in Simpson Drive from 7.30pm, but not to take part in it.
You may also want to watch:
Visitors are also invited to the regular Town Talk gathering – which is an informal chance to speak to councillors, and starts at 6.30pm the same evening.
- 1 Devastated wife pays tribute to Stewart Macgregor following e-scooter accident
- 2 Man in 70s arrested following A600 crash
- 3 Dozens die after catching COVID-19 in our hospitals
- 4 As Michael Keaton's Batman returns, Knebworth House features in first teaser for The Flash movie
- 5 7 haunted locations that will give you a Halloween fright
- 6 Road closures following crash in Letchworth
- 7 Memories of a famous FA Cup run for Stevenage after first round draw made
- 8 Man dies after Stevenage e-scooter crash
- 9 Man taken to hospital after crash involving mobility scooter and motorhome
- 10 Case for the defence needed quickly after bad defeat for Stevenage