Volunteers search far and wide for missing Baldock dog
- Credit: Picture: DANNY LOO
Almost 100 people took to Radwell Meadows in Baldock on Saturday in search for missing dog Ernie who vanished more than a week ago.
The terrier cross went missing on Saturday, January 19. A week on, residents and dog walkers came out to search far and wide.
Ernie’s owner Joanne told the Comet: “It was an amazing turnout and myself and my family can not thank these people enough!
“To think a lot of the people don’t even know us! As they continue to help search for Ernie, it keeps us strong and so hopeful.
“We have had amazing support from local people, family, friends neighbours, young and old.
You may also want to watch:
“Vicky Burrell from the RSPCA has been an unbelieveable help not just with the search, but emotionally too.
“Rob, the landlord at our local – The Orange Tree, Baldock – has been with us all the way and kind people lending us equipment to help in the search, the list is endless.”
- 1 Box Wood: 42 acres of ancient woodland sold at auction
- 2 Resident with disabilities 'embarrassed' after council disposes of wheelchair
- 3 Mum's disability disco after son's left nowhere to go
- 4 Council leader speaks out after terrifying harassment incident at her home
- 5 Man charged in connection with newsagent robbery
- 6 Multiple cars involved in A1(M) collision
- 7 Hotel apologises after losing crucial CCTV
- 8 Free parking in Stevenage High Street will remain
- 9 Plans drawn up to reduce places at primary schools due to surplus
- 10 Nobel School celebrates 60 years
Anyone who spots Ernie can contact Joanne Mitchell or Phil Mitchell on Facebook, or call them on 07961 564508 or 07753 374719.