Volunteers search far and wide for missing Baldock dog
- Credit: Picture: DANNY LOO
Almost 100 people took to Radwell Meadows in Baldock on Saturday in search for missing dog Ernie who vanished more than a week ago.
The terrier cross went missing on Saturday, January 19. A week on, residents and dog walkers came out to search far and wide.
Ernie’s owner Joanne told the Comet: “It was an amazing turnout and myself and my family can not thank these people enough!
“To think a lot of the people don’t even know us! As they continue to help search for Ernie, it keeps us strong and so hopeful.
“We have had amazing support from local people, family, friends neighbours, young and old.
You may also want to watch:
“Vicky Burrell from the RSPCA has been an unbelieveable help not just with the search, but emotionally too.
“Rob, the landlord at our local – The Orange Tree, Baldock – has been with us all the way and kind people lending us equipment to help in the search, the list is endless.”
- 1 Is lockdown working in Herts? Here's what the latest data tells us
- 2 Walk-through coronavirus test site opens in Stevenage
- 3 Road closed between Stevenage and Watton due to floods
- 4 Have you seen wanted man with links to Stevenage?
- 5 Flooding closes part of major road in Stevenage
- 6 Damage caused to Stevenage salon during burglary
- 7 'Heavy snow' expected across Hertfordshire from tomorrow
- 8 'We're breaking' - Lister Hospital staff 'tearful' and 'on their knees' as COVID cases double
- 9 Hitchin's River Hiz set for its annual clean
- 10 Elderly queue in cold as mass vaccine centre opens its doors in Stevenage
Anyone who spots Ernie can contact Joanne Mitchell or Phil Mitchell on Facebook, or call them on 07961 564508 or 07753 374719.