Baldock Town Twinning Association honours founder members
- Credit: Archant
Two founder members of the Baldock Town Twinning Association have been saluted with a certificate honouring their years of commitment and support.
Baldock Town Twinning Association chairman Paul Luckett and president Mary Muir presented the certificate of honoured membership to Alan and Ivy Evens, who were among the contingent that established the twinning arrangement with the German town of Eisenberg 29 years ago.
The link began with a school exchange with the town in Rhineland-Palatinate. A chance visit there during a business trip resulted in talks to formalise the relationship.
It was Mr Evens who signed the twinning charter with Eisenberg on behalf of Baldock on June 17, 1988.
Mr Luckett said: “Over the past 29 years, many long-standing friendships have been created – and meeting our friends from Eisenberg is always something to look forward to.”
You may also want to watch:
A party of Baldock twinners will be visiting Eisenberg during July to continue the tradition.
The Baldock Town Twinning Association ha 40 members and an active programme of fundraising events throughout the year, generally involving food in some form.
To find out more, call Mr Luckett on 01462 893114 or 07761 465228, or see baldocktwinning.wix.com.
- 1 7 haunted locations that will give you a Halloween fright
- 2 Man taken to hospital after crash involving mobility scooter and motorhome
- 3 Man dies after Stevenage e-scooter crash
- 4 Road closures following crash in Letchworth
- 5 Letchworth paedophile jailed for sexual activity with a child
- 6 5 of the best pumpkin picking locations in Hertfordshire
- 7 Child abuse investigation dropped after hotel lost CCTV
- 8 Opening of long-awaited Stevenage supermarket
- 9 Primary school's new garden has 'positive effect on wellbeing and learning'
- 10 Memories of a famous FA Cup run for Stevenage after first round draw made