Baldock Tesco team put the kettle on to support Garden House Hospice
- Credit: Archant
Check this out – the caring team at the Tesco Extra store in Baldock will be hosting a tea party in the landmark High Street store today.
The store’s charity champion Elaine Hewett has a very personal reason for backing the ‘care for a cuppa’ fundraiser in aid of the Garden House Hospice.
The hospice, based in Letchworth’s Gillison Close and providing services to patients and their families across North Herts, cared for her partner Phil last year.
She said: “We were both scared and fearful of the unknown but everyone was so caring and thoughtful in every way. They allowed us to cherish those last few days together and Phil was able to be at peace with dignity – I cannot praise them enough.
“Sadly, there is another reason we are organising this event – Garden House also recently cared for a dear colleague.”
You may also want to watch:
Saturday’s tea party will get under way at 11am. Elaine added: “We are really excited about this event as it’s not the sort of thing we do every day.
“We invite all customers to rise to the challenge of eating cake – it’s a great excuse to take on some calories for a good cause.”
- 1 Box Wood: 42 acres of ancient woodland sold at auction
- 2 Multiple cars involved in A1(M) collision
- 3 Resident with disabilities 'embarrassed' after council disposes of wheelchair
- 4 Mum's disability disco after son's left nowhere to go
- 5 Council leader speaks out after terrifying harassment incident at her home
- 6 Letchworth and Baldock Sergeant set to retire after two decades in Herts
- 7 Plans drawn up to reduce places at primary schools due to surplus
- 8 6 of the best places to hot tub in and around Hertfordshire
- 9 Stevenage in UK's top 25 for community spirit
- 10 Bowling alley refurb celebrated in Hollywood style
Hospice community fundraiser Jo Wiffen said: “It has been a pleasure to work with Elaine and her team. If we want to ensure that hospice care is available for our community in the years to come we need local people to show they care.”
You can find out more about the work of the hospice, and this year’s Starlight Walk fundraiser on Saturday, September 12, online at www.ghhospice.co.uk.