Baldock Tesco store evacuated after fire breaks out
- Credit: Dawn Welford
Tesco Baldock has been evacuated after a fire broke out on the second floor of the store this evening.
Fire crews were called at 6.41pm to the store in High Street after a blaze started in the generator room.
Six pumps, an aerial ladder and a command support unit were deployed to the scene.
Herts Police said in a statement on Facebook: "We're currently assisting the fire service at the scene of a fire in #Baldock High Street.
"Road closures are in place and people are asked to please avoid the area at this time."
Everyone was evacuated from the building safely. The incident is ongoing.
- 1 Lasting tribute to schoolgirl after tragic death
- 2 'A day none of us will forget' - Princess Anne visits Lister Hospital
- 3 'Fight for what is yours' - Alyssa Smith Jewellery's message following High Court win
- 4 Crowds flock to Hitchin for Bucklersbury and Sun Street Day
- 5 Surprise care home inspection finds residents at risk
- 6 Standon Calling called off after heavy rain and lightning risk
- 7 Letchworth BID responds after manager unexpectedly jailed
- 8 Stevenage happy with performance and result against 10-man Crystal Palace
- 9 £50 supermarket vouchers available to help families entitled to free school meals
- 10 Officers investigating vehicle interferences urge victims to come forward