Baldock Tesco Extra reopens following blaze
- Credit: Dawn Welford
Baldock's Tesco Extra store has reopened this morning following a fire on the second floor yesterday evening.
Herts Fire and Rescue team has confirmed that the fire in the generator room at the High Street shop was started accidentally.
A spokesman said: "We were called to a report of a fire at Tesco Extra in High Street, Baldock at 6.41pm on Sunday, January 10.
"On arrival, firefighters located a fire in a second floor generator room. Six fire engines, an aerial ladder platform and command support unit were sent to the scene.
"Everyone was evacuated safely and the fire was successfully extinguished. Crews had left the scene by 9.55pm. The fire is believed to have started accidentally."
A Tesco spokesperson said: “We would like to thank the fire service for their prompt response to the fire at our Baldock Extra store yesterday evening. No one was hurt during the incident and the store is now open.”
- 1 Calls for extra hands to help uncover history-defining Roman bathhouse
- 2 Consultation opens on plans for 200 flats on Office Outlet site
- 3 Stevenage Charter Fair returns to town next week
- 4 Medical spa at the front of breaking down taboos about cosmetic treatments opens in Stevenage
- 5 CCTV appeal after distressing indecent exposure at leisure centre
- 6 What you need to know about the changing divorce laws
- 7 Have your say on future of Stevenage High Street
- 8 Darcie's Wish fundraising back on track after 18 months
- 9 Youths to be questioned by police in connection with fountain foam
- 10 Woman suffers cuts and bruises in pub glassing