Baldock Tesco Extra reopens following blaze
- Credit: Dawn Welford
Baldock's Tesco Extra store has reopened this morning following a fire on the second floor yesterday evening.
Herts Fire and Rescue team has confirmed that the fire in the generator room at the High Street shop was started accidentally.
A spokesman said: "We were called to a report of a fire at Tesco Extra in High Street, Baldock at 6.41pm on Sunday, January 10.
"On arrival, firefighters located a fire in a second floor generator room. Six fire engines, an aerial ladder platform and command support unit were sent to the scene.
"Everyone was evacuated safely and the fire was successfully extinguished. Crews had left the scene by 9.55pm. The fire is believed to have started accidentally."
A Tesco spokesperson said: “We would like to thank the fire service for their prompt response to the fire at our Baldock Extra store yesterday evening. No one was hurt during the incident and the store is now open.”
- 1 Concerns raised for homeless man recovering from COVID-19
- 2 Major Hitchin road closed as emergency services respond to incident
- 3 When will bins be collected in North Hertfordshire again?
- 4 Work begins on £20m John Barker Place regeneration
- 5 Arrest made after indecent exposure incident
- 6 Hitchin-based courier can only laugh after brilliant AA rescue story
- 7 14 beautiful pictures showcase snowy Stevenage and Hitchin
- 8 Stevenage COVID-19 cases fall as Herts death toll doubles
- 9 Herts COVID-19 fatalities surge as UK death toll surpasses major milestone
- 10 Market Theatre planning application withdrawn after community backlash to flats plan