Baldock teenager sings her way into talent competition regional finals
A ‘SHY’ teenager has reached the regional finals of a UK-wide talent competition, despite it being her first ever audition.
Baldock’s Leah Pennery entered Open Mic UK without any previous performing experience but has already made it past the first stage and thousands of other hopefuls in the process.
The 16-year-old singer can now look forward to performing in front of a panel of professional music judges and a live audience at the Corn Exchange in Bedford, where Leah will compete for a place at the National Final at London’s The O2.
The overall winner of the competition, which is searching for the UK’s best singers, rappers and vocalists, will be offered a recording contract and up to �30,000 investment, with fellow winners also receiving funding and the chance to tour across the UK.
“She’s quite shy so it’s hilarious really,” said Leah’s proud mother, Anna.
You may also want to watch:
“She’s always sung since she was three and she loves it.
“I’m the only one that normally hears her sing and this was her first audition so to go through is amazing.
- 1 Taser video: Officer's actions which left man with injuries 'deemed appropriate'
- 2 A505 driver escapes without serious injury after head-on crash
- 3 Arrest made and 350 cannabis plants seized after raid in Letchworth
- 4 'Important milestone' reached in building of John Barker Place
- 5 Council criticised for 'shoddy' underpass paint job
- 6 History buffs celebrate town's historic buildings
- 7 Where in Hertfordshire are the most incidents of weapon possession?
- 8 Walk-in and booster vaccine slots available this week
- 9 Glimpses of the past: Exploring Hitchin from 1910 - 1950
- 10 Stevenage's annual fireworks display returns on Bonfire Night - November 5
“I’m always telling her how good she is so it’s nice to finally hear it from someone else!”
Leah will perform live at the Corn Exchange on Sunday, October 31.
For more information about Open Mic UK or to purchase tickets visit www.openmicuk.co.uk