Baldock has North Hertfordshire’s highest coronavirus death toll
- Credit: Archant
Baldock has seen more deaths linked to the coronavirus than anywhere else in North Hertfordshire, new figures reveal.
New data from the Office for National Statistics shows the number of deaths involving COVID-19 split by towns and villages within local authorities.
Between March and May, it has emerged that 20 people in the area of Baldock died with the virus – the most out of North Hertfordshire’s 15 areas.
In total, 33 deaths were recorded in North Hertfordshire in May – equivalent to 23.4 per 100,000 of the population.
This means North Hertfordshire’s death rate ranked 10th out of 45 lower-tier council areas in the East of England.
You may also want to watch:
A government spokeswoman said: “The government is working to understand the key drivers of disparities in infection and death rates, and the relationships between the different risk factors.
- 1 Taser video: Officer's actions which left man with injuries 'deemed appropriate'
- 2 Stevenage's annual fireworks display returns on Bonfire Night - November 5
- 3 Victim kicked repeatedly in Hitchin early hours attack
- 4 5 of the best pumpkin picking locations in Hertfordshire
- 5 Closure order granted after drug-related crime and anti-social behaviour
- 6 Multiple cars involved in A1(M) collision
- 7 Resident with disabilities 'embarrassed' after council disposes of wheelchair
- 8 Surprise signing Adam Smith happy to get back into training and playing with Stevenage
- 9 Box Wood: 42 acres of ancient woodland sold at auction
- 10 Man sentenced for string of sexual offences in Stevenage