Baldock library closes for revamp as museum opens doors
- Credit: Archant
Baldock Library will be shut for 12 days as major redecoration works take place.
The library will be painted and fitted with blinds and notices at the cost of just under £8,000.
A spokesman for Herts County Council, which runs the library, said: “Our strategy is to make our libraries inspiring and welcoming places, situated at the heart of the community.
“As part of our lease agreement, Baldock Library will be closed from now until May 2 for redecoration.”
Meanwhile, Baldock Museum is due to open this weekend after being closed for almost two months due to severe damp.
You may also want to watch:
A spokesman for the museum said: “A drain has been blocked for some time, caused by damp in the area. We were going to reopen at the start of March after winter, but we couldn’t because of the blocked drain. Now the drain has been cleared.”
The community-run museum is due to reopen this Sunday.
- 1 Stevenage's annual fireworks display returns on Bonfire Night - November 5
- 2 Closure order granted after drug-related crime and anti-social behaviour
- 3 Multiple cars involved in A1(M) collision
- 4 Box Wood: 42 acres of ancient woodland sold at auction
- 5 Victim kicked repeatedly in Hitchin early hours attack
- 6 Man sentenced for string of sexual offences in Stevenage
- 7 5 of the best pumpkin picking locations in Hertfordshire
- 8 Surprise signing Adam Smith happy to get back into training and playing with Stevenage
- 9 Knebworth's Jamie Rutherford lands Tour Championship with dramatic final round
- 10 Oh baby! Family's disbelief after welcoming 'enormous' newborn