Thieves steal gardening equipment in Baldock
- Credit: Archant
Burglars made off with gardening equipment after breaking into an industrial unit in Baldock on Halloween.
Police are today appealing for information about the burglary, which happened in Icknield Way between 7.30pm and 8pm on October 31.
During this time, a group of four offenders gained access to the industrial unit and took gardening equipment, including lawnmowers and strimmers.
All of the thieves were wearing hoods with one also wearing a black and white chequered deerstalker-style hat.
Officers believe they used a white Ford Transit van which had two square-shaped marks on the rear.
PC Katie Golledge said: “I am appealing for anyone who might have seen suspicious activity in the area at the time to get in touch.
“The location of the offence is very close to Ivel Springs which is popular with dog walkers. It’s likely that there would have been dog walkers passing by who might have seen suspicious activity.
- 1 A1(M) closed in both directions due to fallen cables
- 2 Bubble tea emporium opens in Stevenage
- 3 Closures lifted on A1(M) after emergency services deem road safe
- 4 Omicron variant: Confirmed case in Hertfordshire says health boss Jim McManus
- 5 Woman pleads guilty to smashing bottles of booze worth £10,000
- 6 Stevenage MP earns over £4,000 per month from other jobs
- 7 Men sentenced after guns and class A drugs uncovered at Ickleford property
- 8 Stevenage Pizza Hut closure prompts Nando's plans
- 9 Woman on trial over bottles smashed in Aldi store
- 10 Anti-spiking campaign launched at Old Town pub
“The items that were taken were all Stihl brands, and orange and white in colour. If you think you might have been offered them for sale, please also get in contact.
“If you can help, please call the non-emergency number 101 or email me at email@example.com, quoting crime reference 41/51883/18.”