Baldock High Street to shut tonight as road repairs begin
- Credit: Archant
A number of significant road closures will be in place across Baldock in the upcoming days and weeks to repair road surfaces.
The first closure will be Baldock High Street from tonight until Wednesday between 8pm and 5am.
The closure will run across the length of the road from the London Road roundabout to the junction of Whitehorse Street. This is so repair work can be done and diversions will be in place.
From April 5 more work is proposed on the A507 from Whitehorse Street, down Clothall Road to the South Road roundabout.
An alternative route will be in place via the A507 Station Road, North Road, Great North Road and Arlesey Road, or via the A10.
Plans are also in place for closures on the whole of South Road to the Tesco roundabout, the length of South Road from its junction with the High Street to the Clothall Road junction, as well as the length of Wallington Road and Yeomanry Drive while roadworks take place.
Vehicular access to properties in Yeommanry Drive will be maintained wherever possible through the duration of the works, as there is no alternative route.
- 1 11-year-old boy 'seriously injured' after e-scooter and car crash
- 2 Weston fraudster given jail time after scamming council out of £700,000
- 3 Licence review for Hitchin's Chicken George after neighbour complaint
- 4 Programme of one-off summer workshops at The Settlement
- 5 Crowds gather to mark Armed Forces Day in Letchworth
- 6 'He lives on in the hearts of those who knew him' - hundreds pay respects to Kajetan at moving mass
- 7 Bid to find living kidney transplant donor for Hitchin girl
- 8 Avid quizmaster raising funds for rape and sexual assault support service
- 9 Stevenage woman, 52, accused of wounding 91-year-old in her own home
- 10 Decision on controversial Lord Lister application deferred
As and when the work goes ahead it will be staggered, and is expected to take up to 18 months to be completed.
To keep up to date with these roadworks at hertfordshire.gov.uk/roadworksand look out for signboards at either end of the affected streets – the exact timings of the closures will be display in advance.