Baldock community fireworks display 2020 cancelled due to COVID-19
- Credit: Archant
The Baldock community fireworks display, which is held every year, has become the latest event to fall victim to the coronavirus pandemic.
The display is organised by St Mary’s School PTA and the Baldock Events Forum.
Baldock councillor and Baldock Events Forum chair Jim McNally said: “Unfortunately it has been decided that the current restrictions of social distancing would make this year’s event unviable.
“A decision has been taken to cancel this year’s firework night and focus on 2021.
“We are sorry to have to disappoint so many young – and not so young – people. But as responsible organisers, we are committed to providing an event that complies with government COVID-19 guidelines and is safe for everyone to attend. We’ll be back!”
You may also want to watch:
Next year’s event has been scheduled for Sunday, November 7, 2021.
- 1 Box Wood: 42 acres of ancient woodland sold at auction
- 2 Resident with disabilities 'embarrassed' after council disposes of wheelchair
- 3 Mum's disability disco after son's left nowhere to go
- 4 Council leader speaks out after terrifying harassment incident at her home
- 5 Man charged in connection with newsagent robbery
- 6 Multiple cars involved in A1(M) collision
- 7 Hotel apologises after losing crucial CCTV
- 8 Free parking in Stevenage High Street will remain
- 9 Plans drawn up to reduce places at primary schools due to surplus
- 10 Nobel School celebrates 60 years