Baldock firefighters rescue dog from fire in Letchworth flat
- Credit: Archant
Baldock firefighters rescued a dog from a fire in a heavily smoke-logged Letchworth flat this afternoon.
Two engines rushed to Rushby Mead from Baldock & Letchworth fire station just before 1.50pm, and on arrival found smoke issuing from the ground-floor flat.
The Baldock watch commander told the Comet: “A resident there had accidentally turned her hob on and there was a tea towel on top of it.
“When we arrived the flat was heavily smoke-logged and we were told there was a dog inside.
“I sent in two firefighters with breathing apparatus, and they rescued the dog from the bedroom and extinguished a small fire in the kitchen. The dog was absolutely fine, much to the pleasure of its owner.”
The fire was put out using a fire extinguisher. No casualties were reported.
- 1 More than 80 vacancies up for grabs at Stevenage Airbus
- 2 Stevenage Iceland to permanently close today
- 3 Emergency services attend crash near busy Stevenage roundabout
- 4 Airbus: Stevenage's out of this world impact on space missions over seven decades
- 5 Man charged with GBH after stabbing in Hitchin
- 6 Woman sentenced after Aldi bottle smashing spree
- 7 Man injured police officers while being arrested for drug offences
- 8 A brief history of Fairfield: One of Bedfordshire's newest towns
- 9 Our Bedfordshire villages: 'Rural reporting has been my greatest pleasure'
- 10 Positives and progress continue at Hartlepool with Tisdale happy with Boro's point