Baldock firefighters rescue dog from fire in Letchworth flat

PUBLISHED: 16:45 05 February 2017 | UPDATED: 17:24 05 February 2017

Baldock firefighters rescued a dog from a fire in a smoke-logged Letchworth flat this afternoon.

Baldock firefighters rescued a dog from a fire in a smoke-logged Letchworth flat this afternoon.

Archant

Baldock firefighters rescued a dog from a fire in a heavily smoke-logged Letchworth flat this afternoon.

Two engines rushed to Rushby Mead from Baldock & Letchworth fire station just before 1.50pm, and on arrival found smoke issuing from the ground-floor flat.

The Baldock watch commander told the Comet: “A resident there had accidentally turned her hob on and there was a tea towel on top of it.

“When we arrived the flat was heavily smoke-logged and we were told there was a dog inside.

“I sent in two firefighters with breathing apparatus, and they rescued the dog from the bedroom and extinguished a small fire in the kitchen. The dog was absolutely fine, much to the pleasure of its owner.”

The fire was put out using a fire extinguisher. No casualties were reported.

Most Read

Most Read

Latest from the The Comet

Hot Jobs

Show Job Lists