Baldock Festival continues with street fair extravaganza
- Credit: Archant
Visitors with a thirst for the past can experience the sights and smells of historic England as the Baldock Street Fair rolls into town today.
Historical costume is encouraged from 10am until 4pm with more than 50 craft and charity stalls lining the High Street and Market Place as part of the town’s festival, which concludes on Sunday evening.
Highlights will include a re-enactment from the Wryngwyrm Vikings, who will portray life in the Dark Ages through a living history display.
Punters will be invited to get up close and personal with the Vikings to learn about the crafts and way of life during the Dark Ages.
Watch out for a Victorian magician in distinctive costume who will do three 45-minute walkabouts performing close-up magic tricks, as well as workshops for children at 11am and 2pm in the Baldock Community Centre.
You may also want to watch:
Entertainment will also arrive in the form of Tricky Micky’s Punch and Judy shows, a balloon man making fantastic creations and fairground rides.
Choirs from Hartsfield JMI Primary School and St Mary’s Junior School will be performing throughout the festivities.
- 1 Devastated wife pays tribute to Stewart Macgregor following e-scooter accident
- 2 Dozens die after catching COVID-19 in our hospitals
- 3 Man in 70s arrested following A600 crash
- 4 Delivery driver forced to floor in mobile phone robbery
- 5 As Michael Keaton's Batman returns, Knebworth House features in first teaser for The Flash movie
- 6 Goldfish prizes to be banned on council-owned land
- 7 Letchworth and Baldock Sergeant set to retire after two decades in Herts
- 8 Road closures following crash in Letchworth
- 9 Hitchin launches H-Town Pounds
- 10 Multiple cars involved in A1(M) collision
During the day judges will be visiting all of the stalls to choose the one they think has most entered into the spirit of the day by dressing up to represent a period of Baldock’s past, and awarding a cash prize.
A spokesman for the fair said: “The Baldock Street Fair is one of the must-attend days in the calendar.
“Experience the sights and smells of historic England and the busy street fair scene.”
For more information contact firstname.lastname@example.org.