Baldock entrepreneur looking to harness spirit of community for Letchworth music festival
- Credit: Archant
A Baldock entrepreneur who is looking to bring a two-day music festival to Letchworth is relying on the community’s support to make it happen.
Dale Mabert’s journey to setting up Herts Fest – which will take place at Baldock Road Recreation Ground at the beginning of July if all goes to plan – has seen him set up a non-profit organisation and a fundraising organisation for children.
Profits from Herts Security Company – which supplies a variety of products – go into Helping Sick Children, and now Dale wants more kids’ charities to get on board with him as he heads into festival mode.
Dale said: “When I set up the Herts Security Company I wanted to change the lives of the community, starting with adults by helping them get back into employment and giving them a start in life.
“This then led me to setting up Helping Sick Children.
You may also want to watch:
“Helping Sick Children is not a charity but a fundraising programme which supports children’s charities that sign up to us, by giving them an appeal on our website.
“I set up Herts Fest to be Letchworth’s first music festival, giving the community a weekend of enjoyment with a top range of musicians and finishing off both nights with a professional artist.
- 1 Taser video: Officer's actions which left man with injuries 'deemed appropriate'
- 2 Stevenage's annual fireworks display returns on Bonfire Night - November 5
- 3 Victim kicked repeatedly in Hitchin early hours attack
- 4 5 of the best pumpkin picking locations in Hertfordshire
- 5 Closure order granted after drug-related crime and anti-social behaviour
- 6 Multiple cars involved in A1(M) collision
- 7 Box Wood: 42 acres of ancient woodland sold at auction
- 8 Man sentenced for string of sexual offences in Stevenage
- 9 Surprise signing Adam Smith happy to get back into training and playing with Stevenage
- 10 Resident with disabilities 'embarrassed' after council disposes of wheelchair
“All money raised will then get split into the appeals where each charity will receive the money.
“Herts Fest was set up to provide the children’s charities with as much funding as we can so we need all the community to get involved with it by having a stall or a pitch at the festival.
“I would not be here today if it wasn’t for the community supporting me, I would like to say thank you and please keep supporting us.”
One of Helping Sick Children’s causes which is directly linked with the festival is to support the Children’s Air Ambulance Appeal.
A spokesman for the Air Ambulance Service said: “We fly critically ill children across the UK to the specialist care they need.
“Our helicopter not only flies fast, but also serves as a flying intensive care unit for children.
“But right now we can only reach one in every three children who need us. We need your help to reach them all.
“We thank Herts Security Company for their support.”
If anyone would like to get involved with the charity or have a stall at Herts Fest, they can get in touch with Dale by ringing 01462 429741 or sending an email to email@example.com.