Baldock cycle challenge returns for third year running
- Credit: Archant
Organisers are gearing up for a bike challenge being held this weekend.
The Baldock Cycle Challenge, organised by Baldock Town Centre Partnership, features two 28-mile routes through North Hertfordshire countryside and takes places on Sunday.
Riders of any ability are welcome to take part in the event, which is being held for the third year running.
Those wanting to ride the first loop should be at the start line in Baldock High Street for 10am and those interested in the second course should be ready to leave from the same spot at 1pm.
On arrival people will be issued with a card which will be signed off at each checkpoint. For those wanting to race the course they can have their card signed by a marshal at the start and finish.
You may also want to watch:
Both routes, which are hilly in places, are suitable for racing bikes, hybrids and mountain bikes but not for BMXs.
Jim Brown, group secretary of Stevenage and North Herts CTC which has helped organise the route, said: “Things are looking good. We’re in our third year now so the event is becoming more established. There are already quite a few entrants and the weather is supposed to be nice on the day which should attract more people.”
- 1 Stevenage's annual fireworks display returns on Bonfire Night - November 5
- 2 Multiple cars involved in A1(M) collision
- 3 Closure order granted after drug-related crime and anti-social behaviour
- 4 Box Wood: 42 acres of ancient woodland sold at auction
- 5 Victim kicked repeatedly in Hitchin early hours attack
- 6 Man sentenced for string of sexual offences in Stevenage
- 7 5 of the best pumpkin picking locations in Hertfordshire
- 8 Knebworth's Jamie Rutherford lands Tour Championship with dramatic final round
- 9 Log thrown through hairdressers' window in Knebworth
- 10 Stevenage 'miles better' but have to be more ruthless in front of goal says Revell
Online entry, which costs between £3 and £10, closes tomorrow (Friday) but people can enter on the day providing there is space available – although this will incur an additional charge.
For more information visit www.baldocktown.co.uk/Baldock_Cycle_Challenge.aspx