All you need to know about this year’s Baldock Christmas Fayre
- Credit: Archant
The organisers of the annual Baldock Christmas Fayre have started preparations for this year’s festivities.
The event on December 7 will see stalls set up inside 'Lapland' - or Baldock Community Centre - from 11am to 4pm, and St Mary's Church Hall will be kitted out as Santa's Grotta from 11am until 6pm.
The Baldock Arts & Heritage Centre will also house Santa's workshop for the day.
In High Street from 11am to 8pm, there will be funfair and heated bar area - as well as music on stage until 8pm - and snacks will be available at the international food court.
There will also be a Christmas tree festival at St Mary's Church, where the St Mary's School Choir and Baldock Community Orchestra will perform.
The event will include three gingerbread house competitions, as well as prizes to be won for collecting stamps at each of the indoor venues,
A sleigh will come up High Street in time for the big Christmas lights switch on at 6pm.
- 1 Tranquil Turtle officially opens with dazzling launch event
- 2 Dangerous paedophile jailed for sexual abuse of vulnerable girl
- 3 Serious collision on A602 injures four
- 4 Icon building planning appeal quashed after High Court review
- 5 Christmas markets return to Hitchin
- 6 Man charged with multiple burglaries after police chase
- 7 Here are the new Covid travel rules which begin today
- 8 Care home excited to open its doors to new residents
- 9 Butts Close: A monument to medieval Hitchin
- 10 Items from Lidl and Sainsbury's recalled over health and safety concerns