All you need to know about this year’s Baldock Christmas Fayre
- Credit: Archant
The organisers of the annual Baldock Christmas Fayre have started preparations for this year’s festivities.
The event on December 7 will see stalls set up inside 'Lapland' - or Baldock Community Centre - from 11am to 4pm, and St Mary's Church Hall will be kitted out as Santa's Grotta from 11am until 6pm.
The Baldock Arts & Heritage Centre will also house Santa's workshop for the day.
In High Street from 11am to 8pm, there will be funfair and heated bar area - as well as music on stage until 8pm - and snacks will be available at the international food court.
There will also be a Christmas tree festival at St Mary's Church, where the St Mary's School Choir and Baldock Community Orchestra will perform.
You may also want to watch:
The event will include three gingerbread house competitions, as well as prizes to be won for collecting stamps at each of the indoor venues,
A sleigh will come up High Street in time for the big Christmas lights switch on at 6pm.
- 1 Seven things that are gone but not forgotten in Stevenage
- 2 Gardens and dinosaur trail reopening at weekends at Knebworth House
- 3 GP surgery outstrips mass vaccination centre's COVID-19 jab rate
- 4 Rewind: A mysterious corner shop killing that shaped the future of British policing
- 5 Green light for 40-bed homeless shelter in Letchworth
- 6 Patients sing praises of new Letchworth vaccine centre
- 7 Council tax to rise as Stevenage residents bear brunt of COVID-19 costs
- 8 Man to face court after admitting to £15,000 cigarette stealing spree
- 9 Line-up set to be announced for Herts music festival's 15th birthday party
- 10 Stalker jailed after six month period that left victim 'powerless'