‘Amazing turnout’ for Baldock Christmas Fair and lights switch-on
- Credit: Archant
Visitors flocked to Baldock’s annual Christmas Fair on Sunday, with three indoor venues and 60 stalls to entice them into the festive spirit.
Brandles students created signs to point families in the right direction, as the event spanned across St Mary's Church hall, the community centre and the Baldock Arts and Heritage Centre.
As well as the indoor festivities, the High Street was filled with a funfair, food court and a bar run by the Baldock Beer Festival committee.
Organisers Stuart Matthews, Katy Matthews, Alistair Willoughby and Tara Geere were really happy with the "amazing turnout".
Balstock festival founder G La Roche ran the music with a compare in Darren Woodhouse and then Simon the Snowman entertained the crowds until Father Christmas arrived in the Baldock Rotary sleigh to turn on the new lights sponsored by SRM security.
You may also want to watch:
Collection buckets on the street in aid of the Herts and Essex Air Ambulance are still being counted up, but the committee wanted to say a "huge thank you" to everyone who came along.
- 1 How many people in Stevenage were fined for breaking COVID-19 laws?
- 2 SG1 regeneration officially under way as holding direction is lifted
- 3 Hitchin schoolboy Alex Kirk signs professional deal with Arsenal
- 4 The Market Theatre could be axed as plan for flats is drawn up
- 5 Confirmation that Stevenage Five Guys restaurant is coming soon
- 6 Do you have memories of Stevenage's Bowes Lyon skate park for history book?
- 7 Long-term flooding fix earmarked for major Stevenage road
- 8 Warning as more residents targeted by scam police calls
- 9 The hospice nurses administering COVID-19 vaccine in nearby care home
- 10 TV, motocross and quad bikes stolen in Stevenage burglary