‘Amazing turnout’ for Baldock Christmas Fair and lights switch-on
- Credit: Archant
Visitors flocked to Baldock’s annual Christmas Fair on Sunday, with three indoor venues and 60 stalls to entice them into the festive spirit.
Brandles students created signs to point families in the right direction, as the event spanned across St Mary's Church hall, the community centre and the Baldock Arts and Heritage Centre.
As well as the indoor festivities, the High Street was filled with a funfair, food court and a bar run by the Baldock Beer Festival committee.
Organisers Stuart Matthews, Katy Matthews, Alistair Willoughby and Tara Geere were really happy with the "amazing turnout".
Balstock festival founder G La Roche ran the music with a compare in Darren Woodhouse and then Simon the Snowman entertained the crowds until Father Christmas arrived in the Baldock Rotary sleigh to turn on the new lights sponsored by SRM security.
Collection buckets on the street in aid of the Herts and Essex Air Ambulance are still being counted up, but the committee wanted to say a "huge thank you" to everyone who came along.
- 1 Tranquil Turtle officially opens with dazzling launch event
- 2 Dangerous paedophile jailed for sexual abuse of vulnerable girl
- 3 Serious collision on A602 injures four
- 4 Icon building planning appeal quashed after High Court review
- 5 Christmas markets return to Hitchin
- 6 Man charged with multiple burglaries after police chase
- 7 Care home excited to open its doors to new residents
- 8 Butts Close: A monument to medieval Hitchin
- 9 Woman pleads guilty to smashing bottles of booze worth £10,000
- 10 Items from Lidl and Sainsbury's recalled over health and safety concerns