Baldock boy scores with dream day at Chelsea
A FOOTBALL fanatic scored by winning a dream day at the home of Chelsea.
Joshua Oxberry of Church Street, Baldock, won a magazine competition to go on a behind-the-scenes tour of Stamford Bridge and take part in a training session with Chelsea coaches.
The 14-year-old took along his dad James Oxberry and 11 friends for the day- long football spectacular.
The youngsters were given a tour of the stadium, and spent time in the dugout and press room.
Joshua and the gang also visited the home changing room and walked down the tunnel on to the pitch – following in the footsteps of Chelsea heroes.
You may also want to watch:
They then travelled to the club’s training headquarters at Cobham in Surrey, where they took part in a special training session with Chelsea team coaches.
Joshua said: “I really enjoyed the day. Playing with my team, Baldock Town Youth at Chelsea’s training ground was amazing.”
- 1 Closure order granted after drug-related crime and anti-social behaviour
- 2 Victim kicked repeatedly in Hitchin early hours attack
- 3 Box Wood: 42 acres of ancient woodland sold at auction
- 4 Man sentenced for string of sexual offences in Stevenage
- 5 Log thrown through hairdressers' window in Knebworth
- 6 Multiple cars involved in A1(M) collision
- 7 How well do you know Letchworth? Take our quiz to find out
- 8 Stevenage's annual fireworks display returns on Bonfire Night - November 5
- 9 Oh baby! Family's disbelief after welcoming 'enormous' newborn
- 10 Serial flasher who 'showed no remorse' jailed
Joshua’s dad James said: “It was a brilliant day which Joshua and his friends enjoyed from start to finish.
“I’m sure it is something the boys will never forget.”