Baldock Beast roars into town for fifth annual race
- Credit: Archant
The fifth annual Baldock Beast roared into town on Sunday with about 300 runners on the roster.
Taking in undulating terrain around Wallington and Sandon before returning to Baldock, the beast is just over 13 miles in length and is one of the toughest challenges of the year in North Herts.
Race organiser James Lunnon said: “It was another fantastic race. All the feedback we have received has been great.
“The turnout was good considering the Cambridge Half Marathon was on the same day.
“We want to thank all the runners who took part on the day, as well as all the stewards, volunteers and sponsors.
You may also want to watch:
“We were also really pleased with all the people who came out to support the event.”
- 1 Multiple cars involved in A1(M) collision
- 2 Letchworth and Baldock Sergeant set to retire after two decades in Herts
- 3 Plans drawn up to reduce places at primary schools due to surplus
- 4 Stevenage in UK's top 25 for community spirit
- 5 Delivery driver forced to floor in mobile phone robbery
- 6 Bowling alley refurb celebrated in Hollywood style
- 7 6 of the best places to hot tub in and around Hertfordshire
- 8 Devastated wife pays tribute to Stewart Macgregor following e-scooter accident
- 9 Misogyny as a hate crime 'would get us nowhere'
- 10 Dozens die after catching COVID-19 in our hospitals