Baldock and Letchworth power cut now over
- Credit: Archant
Electricity has now been restored following a power cut that affected parts of Baldock and Letchworth today.
The lights went out in homes and businesses in the SG6 and SG7 postcode areas – in Baldock and Letchworth – at about 11.45am.
The power came at 2.01pm.
UK Power Networks said 626 properties in Baldock and Letchworth were affected by the cut, which followed a fault on an underground electricity cable in the Weston Way area that faulted the high-voltage network.
North Herts Leisure Centre, in Letchworth’s Baldock Road, was among the locations that closed during the cut.
You may also want to watch:
It is not clear if the outage was connected to the burst water main and floods in the fields near Weston Way, south of Baldock.
- 1 7 haunted locations that will give you a Halloween fright
- 2 Man taken to hospital after crash involving mobility scooter and motorhome
- 3 Man dies after Stevenage e-scooter crash
- 4 Memories of a famous FA Cup run for Stevenage after first round draw made
- 5 5 of the best pumpkin picking locations in Hertfordshire
- 6 Letchworth paedophile jailed for sexual activity with a child
- 7 Road closures following crash in Letchworth
- 8 Child abuse investigation dropped after hotel lost CCTV
- 9 Case for the defence needed quickly after bad defeat for Stevenage
- 10 Opening of long-awaited Stevenage supermarket