Baldock and Letchworth now hit by power cut
- Credit: Archant
A power cut has now hit parts of Baldock and Letchworth, on top of the disruption to water supplies today caused by a burst main.
The lights went out in homes and businesses in the SG6 and SG7 postcode areas – in Baldock and Letchworth – at about 11.45am.
UK Power Networks said that 626 properties in Baldock and Letchworth were affected by the cut, which follows a fault on an underground electricity cable in the Weston Way area that faulted the high-voltage network.
A spokeswoman said: “UK Power Networks engineers are working as quickly and as safely as possible to restore electricity supplies to 626 properties in Baldock and Letchworth following a fault on an underground cable in the Weston Way area of Baldock.
“We understand how difficult it is to be without power and apologise for any inconvenience this is causing.”
You may also want to watch:
North Herts Leisure Centre, in Letchworth’s Baldock Road, is among the locations that have closed until further notice.
UK Power Networks’ website says that the power should be back between 1pm and 2pm.
- 1 Box Wood: 42 acres of ancient woodland sold at auction
- 2 Oh baby! Family's disbelief after welcoming 'enormous' newborn
- 3 Resident with disabilities 'embarrassed' after council disposes of wheelchair
- 4 Council leader speaks out after terrifying harassment incident at her home
- 5 Mum's disability disco after son's left nowhere to go
- 6 Free parking in Stevenage High Street will remain
- 7 Man charged in connection with newsagent robbery
- 8 Hotel apologises after losing crucial CCTV
- 9 Multiple cars involved in A1(M) collision
- 10 Serial flasher who 'showed no remorse' jailed
It is not clear if the outage is connected to the burst water main and floods in the fields near Weston Way.