Bags of enthusiasm as slimmers back charity
- Credit: Archant
Members of slimming groups have been collecting clothes that don’t fit them any more for a cancer charity – racking up a hefty 220 bags full of donations.
The Slimmers World clubs in Stotfold, Shefford, Hitchin, and Letchworth have been handing over items of clothing which are too big for them to Cancer Research UK after their hard work successfully shedding the pounds.
With each bag valued at £30, the drive adds up to a £6,600 boost for the cancer charity’s shop in Hitchin.
Karen Crow from Stevenage, who runs a Thursday evening group at Hitchin’s St John’s Community Centre, said: “It’s amazing. It gives people a real boost when they see how much weight they’ve lost.
“It’s for a great cause as so many people have been touched by cancer.”
You may also want to watch:
Dawn Breacher, head of the Stotfold and Shefford groups, added: “I’m proud of my members’ weight loss and helping the charity, too.”
- 1 7 haunted locations that will give you a Halloween fright
- 2 Memories of a famous FA Cup run for Stevenage after first round draw made
- 3 Man taken to hospital after crash involving mobility scooter and motorhome
- 4 Man dies after Stevenage e-scooter crash
- 5 Letchworth paedophile jailed for sexual activity with a child
- 6 5 of the best pumpkin picking locations in Hertfordshire
- 7 Case for the defence needed quickly after bad defeat for Stevenage
- 8 Road closures following crash in Letchworth
- 9 Child abuse investigation dropped after hotel lost CCTV
- 10 Opening of long-awaited Stevenage supermarket