Baby joy on Valentine's Day
VALENTINE S Day will be a date Jade Gillett and her mother will never forget. Unfortunately romance was not in the air when Jade suddenly started giving birth to her second child leaving her mother to deliver a bouncing 7lb 7oz boy while being given instr
VALENTINE'S Day will be a date Jade Gillett and her mother will never forget.
Unfortunately romance was not in the air when Jade suddenly started giving birth to her second child leaving her mother to deliver a bouncing 7lb 7oz boy while being given instructions over the phone by a paramedic.
The drama started on Saturday evening after Jade, 20, got out of the bath at her home in Ripon Road, Stevenage, and within minutes had to call her mother Theresa Gillett at her home in Wisden Road for help.
"I'd had my bath and felt something was wrong. My waters must have broken while I was in the bath and when I got out I was in terrible pain," said Jade, who also has a daughter Skye, 2, with partner Adam Hill, 21.
You may also want to watch:
"I went into the bedroom and got on the floor. Adam called my Mum and she got here in 10 minutes. Soon afterwards Mum was delivering Theo thanks to instructions given to her by Adam who was talking to a paramedic on the phone.
"Had I been in hospital I would have had the gas and air I was in such terrible pain. But this birth was really natural. I was in labour 40 minutes and Mum was wonderful."
- 1 Stevenage council: 'More flats will bring life to town'
- 2 Stevenage nursing home celebrates Pride
- 3 Tottenham test for Stevenage after draw for Papa John's Trophy
- 4 Hitchin Boys' teacher honoured with national award
- 5 Residents consulted on redevelopment of Letchworth's Hawksley bungalows
- 6 Woman trapped in car after colliding with tree on A602
- 7 Stevenage get big derby clash in first round of Carabao Cup
- 8 Cancelled school trip to red list Peru sees some students losing £2,250
- 9 Poppy Fletcher makes history by signing for Stevenage women
- 10 79-year-old pens autobiography inspired by move to Hitchin care home
Mrs Gillett, 49, a mother of five, said: "I had just gone to bed when the phone rang and it was Adam saying they needed help.
"When I got to their home Jade was on the floor of the bedroom. We rang the Lister Hospital but I could see the bay's head so I knew we didn't have a lot of time so we dialled 999 and a paramedic gave us instructions and Theo was delivered by me at 10.32pm.
"Everything happened so quickly but the paramedic gave me all the instructions I needed and I had the satisfaction of delivering my grandson on Valentine's Day so I I have no excuse for not remembering his birthday."
Father Adam Hill said: "Soon after the baby was born the ambulance arrived to take Jade to Lister. But Theo arrived so quickly we had to rely on instructions from a paramedic so Jade's mother could deliver the baby.