Baby born in Stevenage Tesco car park
- Credit: Archant
A baby was born in a supermarket car park in Stevenage yesterday afternoon.
The Comet understands both mother and baby are doing well after the birth outside the Broadwater branch of Tesco, off London Road, at about 2.30pm.
Tesco has provided the family with nappies, towels and babygrows to help them after the birth.
A spokeswoman for the supermarket said: “We’re delighted that mum and baby are both doing well.”
An ambulance service spokesman confirmed that an ambulance was on the scene at 2.49pm, and transported a 21-year-old woman to hospital.
You may also want to watch:
Stevenage is no stranger to babies being born in car parks, or indeed on the road.
In 2014, Ashley Broadbent gave birth to Pennie Tyme Baynham in the car park outside the Lister Hospital maternity unit.
- 1 Box Wood: 42 acres of ancient woodland sold at auction
- 2 Multiple cars involved in A1(M) collision
- 3 Resident with disabilities 'embarrassed' after council disposes of wheelchair
- 4 Mum's disability disco after son's left nowhere to go
- 5 Council leader speaks out after terrifying harassment incident at her home
- 6 Letchworth and Baldock Sergeant set to retire after two decades in Herts
- 7 Plans drawn up to reduce places at primary schools due to surplus
- 8 Stevenage in UK's top 25 for community spirit
- 9 6 of the best places to hot tub in and around Hertfordshire
- 10 Man charged in connection with newsagent robbery
And this April, Lauren Grace brought baby Callum into the world in the back seat of her car while partner Stuart was driving them to Lister from their home in Ware.
• Are you the family who welcomed the bundle of joy at Tesco? Call us on 01438 866200!