Driver cut from car after hitting tree on B656 between Hitchin and Welwyn
- Credit: Archant
A motorist was cut free from her car today after crashing into a tree on the B656 between Hitchin and Welwyn.
Police, firefighters and ambulance crews rushed to the scene between Codicote and Langley after the crash on the B656 at about 12.05pm, which involved a silver Mini.
A spokesman for the fire service said the driver was trapped by injuries and had to be freed by firefighters using specialist Lukas cutting equipment.
Firefighters from Hitchin and Welwyn Garden City were at the scene.
The motorist was out of the car by 1pm and was treated at the scene by paramedics before being taken to Stevenage’s Lister Hospital by ambulance for further treatment.
You may also want to watch:
The road was partly blocked, and was closed until police reopened it at 2.30pm.
- 1 7 haunted locations that will give you a Halloween fright
- 2 Man taken to hospital after crash involving mobility scooter and motorhome
- 3 Man dies after Stevenage e-scooter crash
- 4 Memories of a famous FA Cup run for Stevenage after first round draw made
- 5 Letchworth paedophile jailed for sexual activity with a child
- 6 5 of the best pumpkin picking locations in Hertfordshire
- 7 Case for the defence needed quickly after bad defeat for Stevenage
- 8 Road closures following crash in Letchworth
- 9 Child abuse investigation dropped after hotel lost CCTV
- 10 Opening of long-awaited Stevenage supermarket