Award winning author's book hits shelves
AN AWARD winning writer s first novel has hit the bookshelves. Naomi Nielson from West Hill in Hitchin, saw her debut book, Euan s Torch go on sale today (Thursday). The work by the 59-year-old, who won the Undiscovered Authors Greater London final in 2
AN AWARD winning writer's first novel has hit the bookshelves.
Naomi Nielson from West Hill in Hitchin, saw her debut book, Euan's Torch go on sale today (Thursday).
The work by the 59-year-old, who won the Undiscovered Authors Greater London final in 2007, is concerned with issues of mental health, suicide and homosexuality.
Naomi said: "It's a story that starts in 1974 when the protagonists are teenagers and events lead to an attempted suicide. The action then moves forward 20 years and the past comes back.
You may also want to watch:
"The theme is friendship, guilt and sacrifice. It's about how actions come back and how you deal with something damaging in the past."
Explaining the inspiration, she said: "Like all writers I've drawn on incidents in relationships from my life and particularly the friendships - although it is in no way an autobiography."
- 1 Devastated wife pays tribute to Stewart Macgregor following e-scooter accident
- 2 Dozens die after catching COVID-19 in our hospitals
- 3 Man in 70s arrested following A600 crash
- 4 Delivery driver forced to floor in mobile phone robbery
- 5 As Michael Keaton's Batman returns, Knebworth House features in first teaser for The Flash movie
- 6 Goldfish prizes to be banned on council-owned land
- 7 Road closures following crash in Letchworth
- 8 Letchworth and Baldock Sergeant set to retire after two decades in Herts
- 9 Hitchin launches H-Town Pounds
- 10 7 haunted locations that will give you a Halloween fright
And look out for more to come as she has already completed another two books, one of which is aimed at teenagers. "It's become a bit of an addiction," she admitted.