Award for Central Bedfordshire open space
AN AREA of open space in Central Bedfordshire has been recognised as one of the best community-run green spaces in the country in the National Green Flag Awards 2012.
Stotfold Mill Meadows has been awarded the Community Award which acknowledges the site is well-managed and a welcoming place.
In 2012, 1,424 parks and green spaces will fly either the Green Flag or Community Award, a sign that the value of green space is widely acknowledged as vital to our communities.
Cllr Brian Spurr, executive member for sustainable communities for Central Bedfordshire Council, said: “It is fantastic news that our public spaces have been nationally recognised in the Green Flags Award scheme.
“As a council, we aim to provide high quality green spaces for all residents and visitors to enjoy and it is great to see these awards acknowledging the ‘well-managed’ and ‘welcoming’ sites within Central Bedfordshire.”
You may also want to watch:
All award-winning sites now have the chance to receive a further award from the Green Flag Plus Partnership, the People’s Choice Award.
This award is voted for by the public, and if Central Bedfordshire residents want to see their local park receive a national accolade as the People’s Choice, they can register their vote by visiting the Green Flag Award’s at www.greenflagaward.org.uk
- 1 Taser video: Officer's actions which left man with injuries 'deemed appropriate'
- 2 Where in Hertfordshire are the most incidents of weapon possession?
- 3 History buffs celebrate town's historic buildings
- 4 Walk-in and booster vaccine slots available this week
- 5 'Important milestone' reached in building of John Barker Place
- 6 Could we face coronavirus restrictions over Christmas?
- 7 Stevenage's annual fireworks display returns on Bonfire Night - November 5
- 8 Hitchin's Repair Café wants you!
- 9 Council approves new measures to get to net zero by 2030
- 10 As sewage saga continues, how did our MPs vote?