Aviva Women’s Tour set to go through Royston and Stevenage today for Stage 4
- Credit: Archant
Anticipation is growing ahead of today’s Stage 4 of the Aviva Women’s Tour which goes through Hertfordshire.
Renowned female cyclists from around the world will set off from Waltham Cross at 10am on a 103.8km route which will take them through North Herts, including Barley, Barkway and Royston, before finishing in Stevenage High Street at about 12.45pm.
Rolling road closures will be in place as the race progresses.
Following the conclusion, a presentation expected to take place by about 1.30pm in Stevenage High Street with a a winner’s podium and VIP area set up outside Tesco.
We will have reporters out on the route to bring you the action live via Twitter, and a report online this afternoon reflecting on the day.
You may also want to watch:
The race is the penultimate stage of the tour, which finishes tomorrow when riders head from Marlow to Hemel Hempstead.
- 1 Man sentenced for string of sexual offences in Stevenage
- 2 Box Wood: 42 acres of ancient woodland sold at auction
- 3 Closure order granted after drug-related crime and anti-social behaviour
- 4 Victim kicked repeatedly in Hitchin early hours attack
- 5 How well do you know Letchworth? Take our quiz to find out
- 6 Log thrown through hairdressers' window in Knebworth
- 7 Oh baby! Family's disbelief after welcoming 'enormous' newborn
- 8 Serial flasher who 'showed no remorse' jailed
- 9 Man charged with robbery after being tracked down by PD Luther
- 10 Council leader speaks out after terrifying harassment incident at her home