What help is out there for homeless in Stevenage and North Herts?
- Credit: Yui Mok
There are a number of organisations which can help the homeless in Stevenage and North Herts.
The Haven, a shelter and support service for the homeless based in Ditchmore Lane, Stevenage, provides shelter and support for single people experiencing homelessness in Stevenage and North Herts, alongside Helping Herts Homeless - formerly North Herts Sanctuary - based in Hitchin. For more, call 01438 354884 or 01462 435835.
Herts Young Homeless is a not-for-profit organisation based in Hatfield helping 16 to 24 year olds who are homeless or at risk of being made homeless.
National charity Shelter helps millions of people every year struggling with bad housing or homelessness through our advice, support and legal services.
The charity has a free helpline and more information can be found at england.shelter.org.uk.
You may also want to watch:
To support any of the above charities, visit their respective websites.
- 1 Where in Hertfordshire are the most incidents of weapon possession?
- 2 Taser video: Officer's actions which left man with injuries 'deemed appropriate'
- 3 Walk-in and booster vaccine slots available this week
- 4 As sewage saga continues, how did our MPs vote?
- 5 Hitchin's Repair Café wants you!
- 6 Singers make positive change by renaming choir
- 7 Stevenage's annual fireworks display returns on Bonfire Night - November 5
- 8 Annual Pride of Stevenage Awards celebrate our local heroes
- 9 Who can get a Covid booster jab and how can I book one?
- 10 Box Wood: 42 acres of ancient woodland sold at auction