Author books in
THE author of the novel featured as this year s 1book4stevenage visited the town on Saturday. Malcolm Pryce, who wrote Aberystwyth, Mon Amour, was at Stevenage Central Library to speak about his book. Mr Pryce, who was introduced to the audience by bestse
THE author of the novel featured as this year's 1book4stevenage visited the town on Saturday.
Malcolm Pryce, who wrote Aberystwyth, Mon Amour, was at Stevenage Central Library to speak about his book.
Mr Pryce, who was introduced to the audience by bestselling author Ken Follett, spoke about growing up in Aberystwyth and his travels later in life. He also disclosed the inspiration and ideas behind the book.
He said how flattered and surprised he was when he heard his book had been chosen as the 1book4stevenage, answered questions from the audience and signed copies of his novel.
You may also want to watch:
A spokesman for Stevenage Borough Council said the campaign has so far been successful.
He said: "All the library copies are out at the moment and they've got a large reserve list."
- 1 Where in Hertfordshire are the most incidents of weapon possession?
- 2 Taser video: Officer's actions which left man with injuries 'deemed appropriate'
- 3 As sewage saga continues, how did our MPs vote?
- 4 Walk-in and booster vaccine slots available this week
- 5 Could we face coronavirus restrictions over Christmas?
- 6 Hitchin's Repair Café wants you!
- 7 Stevenage's annual fireworks display returns on Bonfire Night - November 5
- 8 History buffs celebrate town's historic buildings
- 9 Who can get a Covid booster jab and how can I book one?
- 10 Annual Pride of Stevenage Awards celebrate our local heroes
There is still a chance to win a luxury weekend for two at a four-star country hotel near Aberystwyth, complete with £200 spending money and first class train travel, courtesy of the 1book4stevenage organisers.
For a chance to win visit www.1book4stevenage.com/contest and answer the three questions related to Aberystwyth, Mon Amour.
The Stevenage mayor will draw the name of the winner from a postbag on May 31 and the winner will be announced by The Comet and on hertbeat fm.