AUDIO: Hitchin Christmas CD to be released
A TOWN’S residents have been showing off their musical talent, by making a CD to raise money for the Christmas lights appeal.
Hitchin Initiative had the idea of creating a Christmas CD, containing tracks sung by groups and individuals in the town.
The final product is almost finished, and will be available from the Initiative offices in Churchyard.
The likes of Offley School, Bancroft Townswomen’s Guild, and St Mary’s Choir lend their voices to the CD, which will also be sold at the town’s light switch-on later this month.
The money raised from sales will go towards the town’s Christmas lights appeal.
You may also want to watch:
The build up to the switch-on, which will be held on Friday, November 23, will kick-off at 4pm, with stalls selling a range of goods in Market Place.
The plunger will be pressed at 7pm, and there will be entertainment afterwards.
- 1 Taser video: Officer's actions which left man with injuries 'deemed appropriate'
- 2 Walk-in and booster vaccine slots available this week
- 3 Hitchin's Repair Café wants you!
- 4 5 of the best pumpkin picking locations in Hertfordshire
- 5 Annual Pride of Stevenage Awards celebrate our local heroes
- 6 Stevenage's annual fireworks display returns on Bonfire Night - November 5
- 7 Victim kicked repeatedly in Hitchin early hours attack
- 8 Singers make positive change by renaming choir
- 9 Closure order granted after drug-related crime and anti-social behaviour
- 10 Serial flasher who 'showed no remorse' jailed
Town centre manager Keith Hoskins said: “We’ve got some businesses on board, some food stalls, and charities, all doing their bit.
“There will be some bands playing, and some music afterwards – it should be a good evening.”
Heart FM will be at the event, and are likely to turn the lights on.
• To preview a track from the Christmas CD, click on the link above.