Attempted robbery in broad daylight in Hitchin park
- Credit: Archant
Police have appealed for witnesses after a report of an attempted robbery in broad daylight in a Hitchin park over the weekend.
The incident is described as happening at 1.30pm on Saturday, when police said a man was walking through Butts Close park along Elmside Walk when another man approached him from behind.
This person demanded the first man’s belongings. When he refused, the would-be robber made off in the direction of the Waitrose supermarket without taking anything.
The would-be mugger is described as a white man in his 20s with short black hair, about 5ft 5in tall and of medium build. He was wearing a grey top and blue jeans.
Det Sgt Karen Lewis from the North Herts local crime unit said: “It was a sunny day and there would have been a large number people in the park enjoying the weather.
You may also want to watch:
“I am confident that someone would have seen this incident and would have information that would assist our investigation.”
Anyone with information should call police on 101, quoting crime reference G1/18/1416, or get in touch at herts.police.uk/report.
Alternatively contact Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111 or crimestoppers-uk.org.
- 1 Taser video: Officer's actions which left man with injuries 'deemed appropriate'
- 2 Walk-in and booster vaccine slots available this week
- 3 Where in Hertfordshire are the most incidents of weapon possession?
- 4 Hitchin's Repair Café wants you!
- 5 Annual Pride of Stevenage Awards celebrate our local heroes
- 6 Singers make positive change by renaming choir
- 7 5 of the best pumpkin picking locations in Hertfordshire
- 8 Stevenage's annual fireworks display returns on Bonfire Night - November 5
- 9 Victim kicked repeatedly in Hitchin early hours attack
- 10 Serial flasher who 'showed no remorse' jailed