Attempted robbery at village post office
- Credit: Archant
An attempted robbery took place at a village post office.
Between 11.45am and 11.50am yesterday (Tuesday), offenders walked into a grocery shop on High Street, Whitwell and demanded that staff open the post office section of the store.
Staff refused to open the post office and the offenders left empty-handed.
The offenders, who had parked on the High Street, got into the dark blue vehicle and drove off in the direction of Codicote.
The first offender is described as a white male, 6ft to 6ft 2in tall and of slight build. He was clean shaven and had dark brown hair.
You may also want to watch:
The second offender is described as a white male, 5ft 8in to 6ft tall and of stocky build. He was wearing a grey hooded top and holding a baseball bat.
Anyone with information about the incident should contact police on the non-emergency number 101 quoting crime reference G1/13/2461. Alternatively, call Crimestoppers, the independent charity, anonymously on 0800 555 111.
- 1 Man sentenced for string of sexual offences in Stevenage
- 2 Closure order granted after drug-related crime and anti-social behaviour
- 3 Box Wood: 42 acres of ancient woodland sold at auction
- 4 Victim kicked repeatedly in Hitchin early hours attack
- 5 Log thrown through hairdressers' window in Knebworth
- 6 How well do you know Letchworth? Take our quiz to find out
- 7 Oh baby! Family's disbelief after welcoming 'enormous' newborn
- 8 Serial flasher who 'showed no remorse' jailed
- 9 Man charged with robbery after being tracked down by PD Luther
- 10 Multiple cars involved in A1(M) collision