Atieno hopes Boro can bounce back from Shrews defeat
Stevenage new boy thinks his strengths suit Boro’s style of play
BORO new boy Taiwo Atieno says he wants to help Boro establish themselves as a Football League club.
The Kenyan international striker made his debut for Stevenage in their 1-0 defeat at Shrewsbury on Saturday, and told The Comet afterwards that he hopes Boro can bounce back with a win against Oxford United tomorrow (Tuesday) evening.
“It was good to make my debut but it was a bit disappointing that we lost. I’m glad to be playing and hopefully on Tuesday we can bounce back and get a win.
“(Graham Westley) is a good manager, he’s done wonders for this club so for me it was a no brainer to come and try out for him.
You may also want to watch:
“I want to be playing for a manager who plays to my strengths and for me Stevenage was the one club that I’ve come across that are going to do that.
“I’ve played against Stevenage a couple of times, for Tamworth when I was there about three or four years ago. I know a bit about the club, so it was good to come and join them and to try and help them establish in the Football League.
- 1 Taser video: Officer's actions which left man with injuries 'deemed appropriate'
- 2 Where in Hertfordshire are the most incidents of weapon possession?
- 3 History buffs celebrate town's historic buildings
- 4 Walk-in and booster vaccine slots available this week
- 5 Could we face coronavirus restrictions over Christmas?
- 6 'Important milestone' reached in building of John Barker Place
- 7 Stevenage's annual fireworks display returns on Bonfire Night - November 5
- 8 Hitchin's Repair Café wants you!
- 9 As sewage saga continues, how did our MPs vote?
- 10 Council approves new measures to get to net zero by 2030
“My strengths are I’m an agile target man. Today I won a few headers, but I’m a bit more dominating, a lot quicker than I have shown today but I want to bring goals, a presence to the team, an aggression.
“I want my actions to speak for what I can do and I think the fans and the rest of the team will appreciate it.”