'Music legends' Aswad impress at LGC Live event in town centre
- Credit: Aimee Valinski
Reggae band Aswad greeted a delighted crowd in Letchworth town centre on Saturday for the first LGC Live event.
Crowds gathered for the much-anticipated Love Letchworth event, which saw local musicians such as Paul Dowsett, Max Ryan and Sam Lewis Band take the stage ahead of reggae legends, Aswad.
Closing the set was The Soul Man, who had the crowds on their feet dancing the night away.
Cathy Andrews from Letchworth BID said: "The event went really well, the weather stayed dry and the sun came out.
"It was lovely to see everyone enjoying themselves safely and The Soul Man had everyone dancing at the end of the night."
You may also want to watch:
Aswad, known for their version of 'Don't Turn Around' which went to number one in 1988, made an appearance on stage much to the delight of the crowds, before spending some time in the town centre.
Fans took to the BID's Facebook page to thank them for such a "fantastic" event.
- 1 I went to Stevenage Charter Fair for the first time, and here's what I thought
- 2 Ambulance called to crash between motorcycle and van in Stevenage
- 3 GP surgery blamed for young cancer victim's late diagnosis
- 4 Teaching assistant celebrates 50 years of working at school
- 5 14 of the best places for a curry in Hertfordshire according to readers
- 6 Stevenage has 'no money left' for new special needs children, says county council
- 7 Remembering one of Hertfordshire's best-known estate agents
- 8 Appeal after dog attack in Stevenage park
- 9 Stevenage Charter Fair returns to town next week
- 10 Woman taken to hospital after medical incident in town centre
One said: "Great concert, loved Aswad, what a dream to see live." Another added: "Music legends in LGC, great booking."
Upcoming events in Letchworth include the Green Festival on September 11 and the Beer & World Food Festival on September 25 and 26.