Ashwell Show passes £175,000 of funds given out since 2000
- Credit: Archant
The not-for-profit Ashwell Show has now given out £175,000 to good causes since the year 2000.
The volunteer-run show, which has been running for more than 95 years, was attended by more than 4,000 people last year.
And the beneficiaries this year include Ashwell Theatre Club, who received a cheque for £1,250 during the interval of their production of Sleeping Beauty.
Ashwell Show chairman John Connolly said: “We would like to say a big thank you to all those clubs, societies, organisations and individuals who helped to organise, set up marquees, man the gate and car parks, provide activities on the day, and to clear up after the show. Thanks to a great 2017 show, we are in a position to be able to make a difference to some clubs and organisations.”
Other recipients of funds include Ashwell Museum, Ashwell Primary School and Ashwell Academicals FC.
You may also want to watch:
To volunteer, email email@example.com.
- 1 Multiple cars involved in A1(M) collision
- 2 Letchworth and Baldock Sergeant set to retire after two decades in Herts
- 3 Delivery driver forced to floor in mobile phone robbery
- 4 Plans drawn up to reduce places at primary schools due to surplus
- 5 Devastated wife pays tribute to Stewart Macgregor following e-scooter accident
- 6 Stevenage in UK's top 25 for community spirit
- 7 6 of the best places to hot tub in and around Hertfordshire
- 8 Dozens die after catching COVID-19 in our hospitals
- 9 Bowling alley refurb celebrated in Hollywood style
- 10 Misogyny as a hate crime 'would get us nowhere'