Ashwell Show 2018 attracts thousands
- Credit: Archant
Thousands turned out to enjoy the Ashwell Show at the weekend – which included horse and dog shows, face painting and plenty of other activities for the kids.
Returning this year were all the show favourites such as the birds of prey demonstration, vintage cars, tractors, and a craft tent, and there were lots of shopping stands too.
The horse show had more than 100 entries, while the Essex Dog Display also wowed the crowds.
Ashwell Show chairman John Connolly said: “This year was another great show, with thousands of families enjoying the day.
“The show has been running for almost 100 years and we’re keen to keep it fresh and interesting for visitors which I hope we achieved this year with lots more food stalls, a free forest school, and once again a great spectacle in the main ring.
You may also want to watch:
“As ever the committee has worked really hard on this year’s show and now we get to hand out the profits to local organisations like Ashwell School, Ashwell Playgroup, and the Scouts, which makes it all worthwhile.”
- 1 7 haunted locations that will give you a Halloween fright
- 2 Man taken to hospital after crash involving mobility scooter and motorhome
- 3 Man dies after Stevenage e-scooter crash
- 4 Road closures following crash in Letchworth
- 5 Letchworth paedophile jailed for sexual activity with a child
- 6 Child abuse investigation dropped after hotel lost CCTV
- 7 5 of the best pumpkin picking locations in Hertfordshire
- 8 Primary school's new garden has 'positive effect on wellbeing and learning'
- 9 Opening of long-awaited Stevenage supermarket
- 10 Two jailed for conspiracy to supply cocaine