Ashwell charity challenge is a banging success
- Credit: Clive Porter
Spectators flocked to line the streets of Ashwell to catch sight of some rather unique motors at the weekend.
The second Ashwell Banger Challenge, which follows the inaugural event in 2014, was organised by a group of friends to raise money for Barnardo’s.
After Friday’s parade, 12 teams of 50 people left Ashwell on Saturday morning in their customised bangers to embark on more than 60 challenges.
Travelling all the way to Tewkesbury, the tasks included finding road signs, famous people and getting on local radio.
The Sunday morning saw all teams build rafts and take on water tasks, prior to finishing off the challenges on the way back to Ashwell in the afternoon.
You may also want to watch:
The bangers are being sold on eBay and auctions end on Saturday, May 6, when the committee have organised a black tie dinner to raise more funds.
The combined total raised so far is almost £10,000.
Check out the fundraising page here www.justgiving.com/fundraising/abc2017
- 1 7 haunted locations that will give you a Halloween fright
- 2 Man taken to hospital after crash involving mobility scooter and motorhome
- 3 Memories of a famous FA Cup run for Stevenage after first round draw made
- 4 Man dies after Stevenage e-scooter crash
- 5 5 of the best pumpkin picking locations in Hertfordshire
- 6 Letchworth paedophile jailed for sexual activity with a child
- 7 Case for the defence needed quickly after bad defeat for Stevenage
- 8 Child abuse investigation dropped after hotel lost CCTV
- 9 Road closures following crash in Letchworth
- 10 Opening of long-awaited Stevenage supermarket