AS Roma coaches drop in as Khalsa Football Academy’s Futsal Fusion project brings the Olympic spirit to Letchworth
- Credit: Archant
Budding athletes in Letchworth had their chance to get into the Olympic spirit over the weekend, with AS Roma football coaches spicing up the international flavour.
The Khalsa Football Academy held the Letchworth Olympic Games at North Herts Leisure Centre on Saturday and Sunday, as part of its Futsal Fusion 2016 project.
Players aged from 10 to 16 took part in bubble football, panna knock-out, joga bonita, futsal and football freestyle alongside three members of the AS Roma coaching staff – Riccardo Rinaudo, Alessandro Cesaretti and Luca Schettino.
And the project is set to give some North Herts players the chance to train at AS Roma’s academy in Italy next year.
AS Roma representative Gary Wilson said: “There will be a chance to be invited over for training by academy coaches at AS Roma in Italy next March.
“This is just part of what we hope to achieve with Futsal Fusion and the fantastic work of the KFA.”
KFA head coach Bal Singh said: “I am pleased the partnership with Italian clubs and other international clubs has strengthened the KFA Futsal fusion project.
- 1 Funeral of retired Stevenage school teacher hailed 'a legend'
- 2 Magpas Air Ambulance lands in Letchworth amid 'medical emergency'
- 3 Two-storey factory catches fire in Letchworth
- 4 Old Town Live organisers 'overwhelmed by response'
- 5 Stevenage PE teacher's charity run after leg amputation
- 6 Assault victim left with punctured lung after Hitchin 'scuffle'
- 7 9 things to do on a day trip to Hitchin, Hertfordshire
- 8 Summer Sand pit opens in Stevenage
- 9 Stevenage fundraising day in memory of much-loved Peter
- 10 'Expect delays' during week-long gas works at Stevenage roundabout
“Having AS Roma academy and professional players here was a huge inspiration for all taking part in our Mini Letchworth Olympic Games.”