Artists’ talents shining out for the summer at Stevenage exhibition
- Credit: Archant
A colourful display of paintings, drawings, printwork and pottery is currently gracing the walls and display spaces of The Denington Galleries at Springfield House in Stevenage High Street.
The special show has been put together by Stevenage Arts Society for their annual summer exhibition.
There is a wide variety of paintings ranging from oils and watercolours to acrylics.
Subjects include landscapes and seascapes, animals, flowers and birds. Some of the pieces are in a traditional style with other experimenting with modern techniques.
There is also a nice display of sculpture and pottery which displays some advanced use of glazing and throwing techniques.
You may also want to watch:
Amongst the work is a series of paintings by Tracy Oakley who has been painter all of her life.
Tracy has persisted in her passion to paint despite suffering a stroke in 2006. With the assistance of her partner she continues to produce a paintings on many subjects from her own studio at Springfield House.
- 1 Closure order granted after drug-related crime and anti-social behaviour
- 2 Victim kicked repeatedly in Hitchin early hours attack
- 3 Box Wood: 42 acres of ancient woodland sold at auction
- 4 Man sentenced for string of sexual offences in Stevenage
- 5 Log thrown through hairdressers' window in Knebworth
- 6 Multiple cars involved in A1(M) collision
- 7 Stevenage's annual fireworks display returns on Bonfire Night - November 5
- 8 How well do you know Letchworth? Take our quiz to find out
- 9 Oh baby! Family's disbelief after welcoming 'enormous' newborn
- 10 Serial flasher who 'showed no remorse' jailed
The last day to see the exhibition is today (Saturday) from 11am to 5pm.