Artists bring smiles to Romanian children
A GROUP of young actors, artists and musicians are holding a day of family fun to lighten the lives of disabled, orphaned and terminally ill children in Romania. The Flying Seagull group will be hosting a Smiles For Romania day with children s entertaine
A GROUP of young actors, artists and musicians are holding a day of family fun to lighten the lives of disabled, orphaned and terminally ill children in Romania.
The Flying Seagull group will be hosting a Smiles For Romania day with children's entertainers, games, face painting and balloon modelling, as well as a BBQ, raffle and special guest - Arty the bear, at Hexton Church on Saturday from 2pm to 5pm.
Money raised from the day will go towards the group putting on shows and workshops for disadvantaged children in Romania.
Project director, Ash Perrin from Hitchin, said: "The money goes directly into buying the equipment and covering project costs. None of us draw a wage and all our flights are covered by ourselves. Fun therapy is the concept - it's not scientific, it simply means that we have fun and afterwards everyone feels better. Kids get a chance to be kids."
You may also want to watch:
For more on the project go to www.flyingseagullproject.org.uk
- 1 7 haunted locations that will give you a Halloween fright
- 2 Man taken to hospital after crash involving mobility scooter and motorhome
- 3 Man dies after Stevenage e-scooter crash
- 4 Road closures following crash in Letchworth
- 5 Primary school's new garden has 'positive effect on wellbeing and learning'
- 6 MPs and councillors react to tragic passing of Sir David Amess
- 7 Letchworth paedophile jailed for sexual activity with a child
- 8 Child abuse investigation dropped after hotel lost CCTV
- 9 Halloween trail set for Letchworth this half term
- 10 Opening of long-awaited Stevenage supermarket